Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing # 9

As I was sifting through the preliminaries for this one, I was struck by one blogger's comments that most bloggers fall into one of two categories: egotists or conversationalists. I have certainly encountered both kinds on this journey.

Blogline seemed to be the easiest method of finding feeds with its ability to search only feeds if you wish. It featured several other specialized and handy options in addition to "just feeds."

Google wins again with the easiest search tool: Google blogsearch. It's just friendly and reliable. There's a reason Google is up near the top and stays there. I will have to check out the price of its stock.

Technorati, to me, was the most confusing:
- too much debris on the home page
-reminded me of a too crowded web page, not a good search tool.

Will probably never return to that one.

There's much to be said for simplicity that gets the job done. I think most users appreciate that too.

Combining most useful feeds and most unusual would be Syndic8. I found it to be extremely well organized. It has a feed tagging system that allows users to add their own tags to a feed, highly useful for sharing and organizing.

I also liked Kary Boan's flipchart repository. Anything that saves teachers time and makes them more efficient rates high in my opinion.

No comments: