Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing # 11

I enjoyed messing with this cataloging tool. It is quick and easy, user friendly, and non-librarians should be able to use and understand it for their various purposes.

It is almost like the combination of a vendor, Amazon.com and a cataloging database.

It would prove useful for personal collections and libraries, or small libraries. A person could use it as a "want to own or purchase" list as they collect titles and reviews on books which interest them.

It would have been nice to see the full MARC record more readily. You have to dig a little to get to it, not that many people really want to see that stuff ...

I chose three titles from LC and two from Amazon. While in Amazon, I did discover that my favorite fiction author has a new title out that I have not heard of.

The "tags to add" feature would serve especially well for specialized and/or private libraries.

No comments: