Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing # 12

After reading the Edublogger etiquette, I agreed with the point that never responding to your reader's comments is seen as "elitist." The first reader I will respond to is Grendel, who has been making pleasant comments about my posts. I will search out others for commenting as well.



The Blue skunk blog discusses "trolls." This is a new one for me, so had to look it up and found out that it is someone who participates in various online activities with the purpose of baiting and throwing out controversial material. We see a lot of this, especially in chatrooms. I read "Dear Abby" online most every day and sometimes scan the reader's comments. Sometimes they get into fisticuffs over their opinions of Abby's responses, and the problems of the letter writers themselves. Anonymity can bring out the worst in people sometimes. Being anonymous and saying nasty things to other people gives them a power they do not have in their everyday lives.



As a child, I owned a lovely set of Breyer model horses. These have been made for years and are incredibly beautifully made. The older ones are collectors items now. There is a blog: http://board.horsechannel.com/Topic240522-4-1.aspx where people discuss horses, and Breyer horses as well.



Flipping houses: there is a blog for this too: http://flippinghouses.blogspot.com/. The TV shows on cable for this are entertaining to me. Our poor neighbor, who sells RV products for his living, has seen his business go south with the price of gasoline. He is looking into flipping houses. I wish him luck and will watch his progress with interest. He has already started with the house next door to us ...

No comments: