Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing #10 update



Using Big Huge Labs map generator, I made a map of some of my travels. After numerous attempts to add it to a blog, I failed. I tried using both URL and saving it as a picture on the desktop. Neither worked, even after several attempts. I followed all the same steps used in adding other images, so I really don't understand what is wrong. Rather than dwell too long on that, I will try some other images and try to add them to this post. It worked last week. Perhaps it will work in the future.



The saga continues. Today I tried to made a high school ID badge. My first choice of image was a chimpanzee. Alas, it was not a JPG image and was not acceptable. My next choice of image was a close-up of our arrogant little reject rescue cat from Austin, Migo. I made sure this was JPG. Again, no success. I am not going to give up on this. It has to work somehow.



I have discovered that even though the picture delivers to me as a JPG, when I save it to "my pictures", the extension changes from JPG to something else. I do not know why this is. To circumvent it, I just saved it straight to the desktop. I succeeded in transforming into a warholed picture. It was not exactly the quality I wanted. Migo's picture definitely needed to be cropped to look better and has too much background stuff, but it worked. It successfully uploaded to the blog, but I chose not to include it.




Success at last. After discovering how to get around the little JPG problem, I easily succeeded in making Migo's badge and uploading it:




2 comments:

fsm said...

Perseverence is the name of the game in technology. Please know that you are not alone in the frustration category! Loved the mug shot of Migo! Aren't rescue animals the best?

fsm said...

Oops...make that perseverance with an "a" The comment boards need spell check! :-)